MODEL SELECTION: (PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY, AS THE KCFW MODEL SELECTION PROCESS HAS CHANGED.)
- KCFW will hold two castings for models. All models selected for the KCFW model roster will be put into a database and only these models will be allowed to walk for a designer.
**All models who would like to walk in a KCFW show, must attend one model casting. This includes specific models who you are interested in walking for you. MODEL CASTINGS WILL BE CLOSED, THEREFORE DESIGNERS, AGENTS AND GUESTS SHOULD NOT ATTEND CASTINGS. (One parent/guardian may accompany a minor to auditions.) Please be sure to send any models you like to use in your show, in the event you are selected as a KCFW designer.
**ALL MODELS WALKING IN KCFW MUST GO THROUGH THE CASTING PROCESS AND MAKE IT THROUGH TO THE ROSTER IN ORDER TO WALK.
**ALL MODELS WILL BE LIMITED TO WALKING IN ONLY TWO KCFW SHOWS PER SEASON. ONCE A MODEL HAS BEEN BOOKED BY TWO DESIGNERS, THEY ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR BOOKING. Limiting models to walking in two runway shows will ensure that more of our over 400 models on the roster each season, will have the opportunity to participate in KCFW.
The model database given to selected designers will have the model number, photos, a video of their runway walk at casting and preliminary measurements. This will be made available to all selected designers after they have paid their designer fee. THIS DATABASE AND ALL PHOTOS AND INFORMATION IS NOT TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO ANYONE EXCEPT THE DESIGNER. Designers should not share this information on social media or with other parties.
-In order to present the best fashion week possible, and to protect the images of the designers' lines, EVERY MODEL walking in a KCFW show must be from the KCFW model roster, and registered with KCFW. Any model not registered and approved will not be allowed to walk. Registration involves attending a casting, being selected by the model selection panel for the roster, completing a registration form and an image release form at one of the castings. KCFW, LLC reserves the right to refuse registration to any model at its sole option. ALL MODELS ON THE MODEL ROSTER ARE REGISTERED AND APPROVED BY KCFW.
- After you have made your initial model selections from the KCFW model roster, the designer will send KCFW their model selection preferences and KCFW will contact all models on behalf of the designer. After models are confirmed by KCFW, designer will receive contact information for booked models to schedule fittings and to distribute information. PLEASE DO NOT START CONTACTING MODELS BEFORE GOING THROUGH THIS PROCESS. Models contacted by designers through social media without going through this process, will not be eligible to walk for a designer in KCFW.
- Each model is only allowed to walk for one designer per show. No exceptions. If a model is asked by 2 or more designers showing on the same evening, it will be the model's responsibility to choose which designer to walk for on that day.
- Model fitting scheduling and implementation are the responsibility of the designer.
- KCFW WILL ASSIST THE DESIGNER IN SELECTION OF MODELS FOR EACH SHOW AT THE REQUEST OF THE DESIGNER.
-THE DESIGNER AGREES THAT IF THEY DO NOT HAVE MODELS SECURED BY THE CONCLUSION OF DESIGNER FOLLOW-UP INTERVIEWS, THEN KCFW WILL SELECT MODELS FOR THE DESIGNER WITHOUT FURTHER INPUT FROM THE DESIGNER.
- Models are not secured by, nor hired by, Kansas City Fashion Week, LLC or KCFW Events, Inc.. If you choose to compensate your models, all commissions, agency fees, and financial liability for any required taxes, including federal, state and local wage withholding, is the responsibility of each designer, not Kansas City Fashion Week, LLC or KCFW Events, Inc.