By the execution hereof and in consideration of the acceptance by the undersigned hereby releases, relieves and exonerates Sharpshooters Small Arms Range Inc., and/or any agent, servant or employee of Sharpshooters Small Arms Range Inc., of and from and all liability for and personal injury or exposure to lead to the undersigned while in, on or upon the premises of Sharpshooters Small Arms Range Inc., and/or its agents, servants or employees.
Range Safety Rule
1. All commands and directives given by the Range Safety Officer will be obeyed immediately
2. Treat all firearms, at all time, as if they are loaded.
3. Except when on the firing line, in a box, case, or holster, all firearms will be unloaded, and the action will be open.
4. Holstered firearms will only be unholstered on the firing line.
5. Firearms will be loaded and unloaded only on the firing line.
6. When on the firing line, firearms will be pointed down range except when holstered.
7. Dry firing, practice loading, and practice drawings will be done only on the firing line.
8. When giving to, or accepting from another person any firearm, it will be unloaded with the action open.
9. Anyone who observes an unsafe act will call a “cease fire”.
10. When the command “Cease Fire” is given, all shooters will immediately stop firing, unload, open all actions, lay firearms on the benches, muzzles pointing down range and step back from the firing line.
11. A shooter who experiences a malfunction, jam, or stoppage with his firearm, will not remove that weapon from the firing line; he will lay is on the bench, with the muzzle pointing down range and bring the Range Master to the gun for assistance.
12. No one will go forward of the firing line, for any reason, without the permission of the Range Master.
13. No more than one shooter at a firing position without the permission of the Range Master.
14. Any shooter or prospective shooter suspected of recently using drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to shoot.
15. Conduct by any shooter deemed inappropriate, unsafe, reckless, or negligent by the Range Master will be considered grounds for removal from the range.
16. Targets must be hung at eye level for the current shooter. When shooting a rifle caliber firearm, the target must not be closer than 15 yards. When shooting a shotgun, a full-size silhouette target must be used and must not be hung any closer than 7 yards.
17. Striking the ceiling, floor, target carrier, or any other range equipment or property is never acceptable. Doing so may incur additional fees or eviction from the premises.
18. Eye and ear protection will always be worn on the range.
19. No smoking, eating, or drinking is permitted on the range.
20. Good hygiene should be practiced. Wash your hands and face after firing.
21. Pregnant women are advised to confer with their physician prior to use of the range, especially where they participate frequently in shooting activities.
22. Children under 18 are not permitted, unless always accompanied by a parent while on the range. Children under 10 are not permitted on the range. Children under 18 must always be supervised.
23. A shooter may police and keep their brass. All other brass belongs to the range.
24. The use of steel core and steel jacketed projectiles is prohibited.
25. Membership sales are final with no refunds. Nor will memberships be prorated, or partial refunds issued. Memberships cannot be transferred to other individuals.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Sharpshooters Indoor Range & Pro Shop (“Sharpshooters”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Sharpshooters cannot guarantee that you or your guests will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Sharpshooters could increase your risk and risk of contracting COVID-19.
1. I have traveled outside the U.S. in the last 14 days, particularly China, Iran, So. Korea or Japan.
2. I do have a fever or temperature above 100 degrees.
3. I have been in contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
4. I have difficulty breathing or a constant cough.
If you can answer YES to the above questions, you may not use our facility and please call your primary care provider or the Virginia Department of Health for further direction. Virginia State Dept. of Health: 804-205-9816
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my guests and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by visiting Sharpshooters and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Sharpshooters may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Sharpshooters employees or volunteers.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my guests, child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I, my guest or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my/our attendance at Sharpshooters or participation in Sharpshooters events, classes or membership (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Sharpshooters Indoor Range & Pro Shop, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Sharpshooters, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Sharpshooters program.