OPH Rescue - Volunteer Application
Please complete the form below if you are interested in volunteering for Operation Paws for Homes Rescue
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Sao Tome and Principe
United Republic of Tanzania
Country / Region
Are you at least 18 years old?
Team lead - able to lead a team of 3-4 volunteers on a project
Social networking- We need creative social media volunteers! Tweet with us, Pin for us, advocate for long term dogs who need additional help to shine, and help us to create social media teams to spread the word and build our social media presence.
Writing (newsletter team, campaign outreach, promotional material)
• Marketing and Advertising- If you have a talent for writing or editing, use it to save dogs! Learn about a dog and be a part of finding it a forever family in the job of advertising. For every dog that finds a new home, we can save another one. We need your help getting the word out! Who doesn’t like looking at puppy pictures each week?
Adoption Events and Special Events- Volunteers make Events happen! We always need dog handlers at adoption events, which are fun for you and the dogs! Help transport a rescue dog from a foster home or boarding partner to events. Help answer questions for the general public regarding responsible pet care. Join an event team and help dogs find their forever homes.
Graphic art and design (create graphics for fundraisers, campaigns, raise awareness of adoptable dogs)
• Transport- We can't save dogs without transportation! This is a wonderful way to interact with the dogs and to help them in moving (literally!) towards their forever home. Foster families are delighted to meet their new dogs but sometimes they do need help with getting them to vet appointments and adoption events. Our foster families, dogs, and transport coordinator are very appreciative for this kind of support! OPH is able to provide the transport crate.
Adoption Team- Work with potential adopters across several facets of the adoption process. New committee members (Level 1) review and evaluate applications, verify personal references, verify vet references, update Dog Management System (DMS) notes and communicate final critical evaluations to Committee Leads. Members desiring to move to Level II train with Committee Leads to conduct final telephone interviews with potential adopters. Members must be able to present a professional demeanor, process information in a critical format, and clearly summarize information to DMS. Volunteers receive direction from Committee Leads.
Training- Do you train dogs for a living? For fun? For the sheer enjoyment of seeing dogs succeed in life? We need trainers. OPH would like to partner with professional trainers who are looking to assist our dogs and enhance visibility of their organization. We also need volunteer trainers with experience working with dog behavioral adaptations.
• Fundraising and Development-Remote or In-person opportunities including online campaigns, small outreach and awareness events, large events, silent auctions and sponsorship/partnership assistance. Help with grant writing and fundraising! Administrative assistance is always needed to help keep large events organized and smoothly run.
Grant Committee - writing, finding opportunities, following up
Boarding Buddies (Visit OPH dogs staying at boarding partner facilities and periodically walk dog, play with dog, report on dog's personality to help adopters, and assist in updating dog's profile)
Software Developer - Ruby on Rails/JavasScript development for the OPH Website.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Additional Volunteer Details
How did you hear about OPH Rescue?
Volunteer Experience (Please feel free to describe your past volunteer experiences to help us in partnering you with OPH teams and committees)
Please provide any additional details that can help us get you involved in OPH and making an immediate difference for rescue dogs in need! Details include current work in specific areas, time availability (seasonal or long term), interests specific to dog rescue, etc.
Have you ever been convicted of a crime involving animal cruelty?
If yes, please explain:
Confidentiality, Liability and Photo Release Operation Paws for Homes Volunteers
I, the undersigned, in consideration of my participation as a volunteer with Operation Paws for Homes, P.O. Box 90813, Alexandria, VA 22309 (“OPH”), hereby agree to the following terms and conditions contained herein this Confidentiality Agreement.
I understand that I may be given access to confidential and/or proprietary information to perform my duties as a volunteer with OPH. I shall not, at any time either during or subsequent to my participation with OPH, make unauthorized disclosures or unauthorized use of any information that is considered to be proprietary or confidential to OPH.
• Proprietary information includes, but is not limited to, all information, data, reports, analyses, processes, know-how, designs, plans, marketing data and material, business plans and strategies, adoption applications and contracts, shelter research, volunteer, donor or vendor lists, compilations of training tips and distributions for adopters and volunteers (including adoption folder materials), and confidential information, whether in written, oral or electronic form.
• Confidential information includes, but is not limited to, any and all financial information and accounting reports, insurance coverage information and associated finances, any personal information of any OPH employee, adopter, volunteer, shelter partners, or donor, whether in written, oral or electronic form.
All records and information relating to OPH or its volunteers, shelter partners, adopters, and donors are confidential and I will treat all matters accordingly. This includes any information protected under any applicable state or federal privacy law. No OPH-related information, including without limitation, documents, notes, files, tangible or intangible property, records, computer files or similar materials (except in the ordinary course of performing duties on behalf of OPH) may be retained by myself without permission from OPH Board of Directors.
The contents of OPH’s records or information otherwise obtained in regard to business may not be disclosed to anyone, except where required for an authorized business purpose and/or required by law. I will not disclose any confidential or proprietary information, purposefully or inadvertently (through casual conversation), to any unauthorized person inside or outside OPH. If I am unsure about the confidential nature of specific information, or whether specific information may be protected under state or federal law, I will ask the OPH Board of Directors for clarification before disclosing the information.
Proprietary information, confidential information and trade secrets are created at substantial cost and expense to OPH. Unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential or proprietary information would cause irreparable injury to OPH. I agree that monetary damages would not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of this agreement by me, and that, in addition to all other remedies, OPH shall be entitled to seek (a) specific performance and (b) injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy for any such breach, and I further agree to waive any requirement for any bond in connection with such remedy.
As a volunteer/participant of OPH Rescue, I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury and I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries, including death, damages or loss which I may sustain as a result of volunteering/participating in any and all activities associated with OPH Rescue. I do hereby fully release and discharge OPH Rescue, their officers, agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims from injuries, including death, damages or loss which may accrue to me on account of my volunteering/participating with OPH Rescue. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless and defend OPH Rescue, their officers, agents, servants and employees from any and all claims resulting from injuries including death, damages and loss sustained by me and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with volunteering/participating with OPH Rescue.
Photo Release - During my volunteer time with OPH Rescue, I understand my photo may be taken at various events. By signing below I also hereby grant OPH Rescue permission to use my likeness in photograph(s) and/or video(s) in any and all of its publications or online, whether now known or hereafter existing. I will make no monetary or other claim against OPH Rescue for the use of the photograph(s) and/or video(s). I have read and understood the foregoing, and I am 18 years of age or older.
When I cease my participation as a volunteer with OPH, I will return all OPH-related information and property that I have in my possession, including without limitation documents, files, records, manuals, information stored on a personal computer, personal data assistant or computer disk, supplies, and equipment or office supplies.