The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology (Foundation) is a non-profit 501c (3) organization. The purpose of the Foundation is to advance the profession of dental laboratory technology by addressing industry driven needs and providing solutions that are relevant and accessible to dental technicians and other members of the dental team.
The Dawson Academy, located in St. Petersburg, Florida, provides dental courses that for decades have proven to be the foundation for the successful practice of complete, predictable dentistry. The Academy teaches their students the essential principles and skills for complete care with primary concentrations in dental occlusion, the temporomandibular joints and comprehensive esthetic restorative dentistry.
Recognizing the need for increased accessibility to higher education in dental laboratory technology, The Dawson Academy and the Foundation have partnered to bring you the 2017 Dawson Academy Education Grant in 2017.
The Dawson Academy Education Grant will award six (6) technicians a seat in the cornerstone course of The Dawson Academy curriculum: Functional Occlusion – from TMJ to Smile Design at no charge. The charge for such a course would typically retail for $1,695; however, due to the generosity of The Dawson Academy, the recipients of this grant will have their tuition fee waived. Additional course information can be accessed by clicking here
1. Sitting members of the NADL Board, NBC Trust, or FDLT Trust are not eligible as individuals to apply for or win grants/scholarships offered through the Foundation.
2. If attending the course in-person, the winners of The Dawson Academy Education Grant must be available to attend one of the following course dates. A maximum of three technicians can attend each.
• October 12-14, 2017 in Clearwater Beach, FL
• February 8-9, 2018 in Clearwater Beach, FL
• May 10-11, 2018 in Tysons Corner, VA
• October 18-19, 2018 in Clearwater Beach, FL
3. Winners will be required to provide the Foundation with a professional headshot and testimonial (web video submission or typed submission on letterhead paper) about receiving the grant, attending the course, and how this experience will positively impact his/her DLT career.
4. No cash will be provided to the grant recipient. If the recipient fails to use the grant or cannot make their scheduled course date, they will forfeit their grant.
5. The deadline to use the grant is December 30, 2018. No extensions will be given.