Field Director Employment Application
Please upload your CV/Resume
Please upload application materials (optional)
Anchorage & surrounding areas
Fairbanks & surrounding areas
1. Describe the general excavation of a shovel probe. How would you differentiate between strata during excavation?
2. Do you have experience using tablets, GPS units, and/or computer software in relation to cultural resource management or other jobs? What programs are you comfortable using?
3. Do you have any monitoring experience? If so, on what types of projects? If not, are you comfortable working around heavy machinery?
4. Do you have any experience with excavating test units? If so, for what type of project and where?
5. Do you have any artifact analysis experience? Are you more familiar with precontact or historic artifacts?
6. What training have you completed in the previous 2 years (24-40 hour HAZWOPER, First Aid, CPR, wilderness safety training/aid, bear safety, shotgun safety, other)?
Field Director Required Qualifications
1. Do you have a M.A. or M.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field?
2. Do you have a minimum of two years’ field experience in CRM project environments (as an archaeological technician or crew lead?
3. Do you have a minimum of one year experience of supervisory and project management experience?
4. Have you completed an archaeology field school -or- demonstrated equivalent with archaeological survey and data collection methods?
5. Do you have working knowledge of cameras, GPS, and GIS equipment and software?
6. Can you carry up to 50lbs of equipment while walking an average of 3 consecutive miles per day across uneven terrain, with or without a reasonable accommodation?
I attest that the above statements, resume, and qualification questions are true and I understand that misrepresentation of my education and experience will disqualify me from employment a NLURA.