1. To refer a patient to the Cancer Society Accommodation Service please complete this form and submit.
2. The following criteria applies for accommodation through the Cancer Society Canterbury-West Coast Division.
a. Live more than 350km from Christchurch Cancer Centre or St Georges Cancer Centre OR live over 100km AND have a Community Services Card OR live over 100km away and likely to attend more than 6 appointments in a 6 month period.
b. Currently attending planning or treatment for a cancer diagnosis.
3. Due to physical constraints we are usually unable to provide accommodation for more than one support person.
4. Due to physical constraints, parking for only ONE vehicle is available.
5. When our accommodation facilities are full, we endeavour to find a suitable motel, however this may not be possible at busy times of the year.
6. Check in time no later than 4.30pm and check out time is by 10am, unless prior arrangements have been made.
7. Daffodil House & Daffodil Lodge are not staffed outside of office hours (Monday to Friday 8.30-5.30) and provides no medical or nursing care, so people staying must be able to be self sufficient and independent and able to get on and off our shuttle service unaided.
8. Our building and premises are totally smoke free. So NO SMOKING on our grounds is permitted at all times. If there is any smoking in our rooms there maybe a charge for the room to be cleaned professionally.