The Fundraising Committee's job is not simply to raise money. Instead, the Fundraising Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization's overall fundraising and, in particular, the fundraising done by the group. To accomplish this, its responsibilities are:
* To work with the committee to establish a fundraising plan incorporating a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, direct mail, product sales, etc;
* To work with clubs in their efforts to raise money;
* Contribute financial support and encourage others to do so;
* To take the lead in certain types of outreach efforts, such as chairing a dinner/dance committee or hosting fundraising parties, etc;
* To encourage participation of the full group in fundraising efforts;
* To be responsible for involvement of all board members in fundraising, such as having board members to use personal connections to ask for support; and
* To monitor fundraising efforts to be sure ethical practices are in place, donors are acknowledged appropriately, and fundraising efforts are cost effective.