In consideration of this opportunity to foster, I agree to the following terms and conditions, intending to be legally bound by them:
1. I will abide by written policies, guidelines, and programs of Freedom Greyhound Rescue (FGR) while I am a foster.
2. If I stop being a foster for FGR, for any reason, or upon FGR’s request at any time, I will promptly return all of FGR’s supplies, equipment, records, and other items in good, clean condition.
3. I assume the risks of being bitten, scratched, injured, or frightened by greyhounds in connection with my volunteer work for FGR. FGR is not liable for any injuries, damages, liabilities, losses, judgments, costs or expenses whatsoever, which I might suffer or sustain in connection with the foster care program. I will indemnify, defend and hold FGR harmless from and against any claims, lawsuits, and injuries as a direct result from participating in the foster care program.
4. I understand and agree that FGR may refuse foster applications for any reason.
5. I consent to FGR visiting my home from time to time to observe greyhounds and their living quarters.
6. I am responsible for the safety and security of all of my own personal property and possessions.
7. I acknowledge that in performing as a foster home, my photograph, video image, voice recording and other likenesses created during the event shall at all times be the property of FGR, its successors and assigns, and such name, photograph, video image, voice recording and other likenesses may be used by FGR, its representatives, successors and assigns, for any reason at any time, in perpetuity, without consulting me and without compensating me.
8. I will provide the required amount of food/water per foster dog for each day that I have a foster dog.
9. I will provide adequate exercise. At no time will the foster dog be allowed to run free or be tied or chained outside. A foster dog is allowed off leash in a fenced area only while being supervised.
10. I understand that a greyhound must be kept in his crate when no one is home or cannot be watched closely. It is my responsibility to keep the foster greyhound safe at all times in my home.
11. It is our responsibility as foster parents to assess the foster dog as stated in the Foster Parent Information.
12. Transporting a greyhound must be done inside a vehicle, not in an open bed truck.
13. A foster dog must never go to another foster home or any other home without permission of Freedom Greyhound Rescue.
14. A foster greyhound must never leave the state without permission of Freedom Greyhound Rescue.
15. It is not my responsibility to find homes for the foster dogs. I will forward any one interested in adopting a foster dog to Freedom Greyhound Rescue.
16. May a foster dog become lost, NOTIFY FREEDOM GREYHOUND RESCUE IMMEDIATELY!!!!
17. I WILL IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY Freedom Greyhound rescue if my foster dog should get hurt, or having safety issues with the family.
18. Veterinary expenses will be reimbursed with a receipt and prior approval only. Expenses not approved will not be reimbursed.
19. Freedom Greyhound Rescue cannot guarantee the behavior, health or temperaments of any foster dog. Greyhounds are under much stress when first arriving; please take great concern of the dog and your family when taking on a new foster greyhound.
20. I understand that a foster greyhound will not be allowed on the furniture, (couch, bed, chairs, etc.) Greyhounds must be in a crate at night to sleep.
21. I understand that all fosters must wear martingale collars with FGR tags and wear lights at night which all will be provided.
22. FGR will provide heartworm and flea/tick medicine which will be administered as needed.
23. I understand that being a foster family we must be willing to bring the foster greyhound/greyhounds to designated meeting areas for adoptive families to meet.
24. It is my responsibility to have a muzzle on the foster greyhound when out of crate and around other pets.
25. FGR does understand that there maybe a greyhound that you just cannot give up. At this point, I will notify FGR that I want to adopt my foster and will have to follow the adoption proceedings.
26. I understand that it is my decision to foster a greyhound from FGR. I will not hold FGR liable for any damage to property if damage occurs.