2019 YALSA Young Adult Services Symposium Program Proposal
Show Up and Advocate: Supporting Teens in the Face of Adversity
As advocates for teens, how do we show our support and push for social change in our communities? How does access to library resources, services, and activities help teens overcome adversity in their lives? How do staff create more inclusive and welcoming teen spaces where adolescents are free to express themselves, learn, and grow? What literature do we promote and what programming do we offer to engage teens and encourage them to take leadership roles in their communities?
Memphis, TN, November 1-3, 2019
Call for Program Proposals: A program will last approximately 60 minutes and will take place between 8am and 5pm on November 2 or 8 am and 12 pm on November 3, 2019.
• All session proposals must be received by February 1, 2019.
• All applicants will be notified if their program was accepted or not the week of April 1, 2019.
• All presenters must register at the reduced presenter rate ($69) for the Symposium by September 1, 2019
• All presenters must fund all their travel costs to the symposium.
• Only one session proposal per person will be accepted.
• For questions, please contact Nichole O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.545.2433 x4387