Members of Second Baptist Church are invited to submit names of qualified persons willing to serve as deacons on a three-year term beginning in January of 2018. The Deacon Selection Committee wishes to receive feedback from as many of our members as possible through Sunday, August 13. Please prayerfully consider who might be well-suited to be set apart to serve through their leadership in the years ahead. Also, if you would like to be considered, please feel free to submit your name.As you make your nominations it might be helpful to keep the following in mind:
Deacons should be spiritually mature servant leaders who have indicated by their faithfulness a love for Christ and the Church.
Deacons should also be people of good reputation and should possess the spirit of the qualities listed in 1 Timothy 3: 8-13.
At Second Baptist we look to our deacons to:
(1) Work with the ministry staff for the care, spiritual well-being, and growth of the Church;
(2) Be pastoral caregivers in the congregation;
(3) Be actively engaged in the life of the congregation and its ministries;
(4) Determine ministry needs that need to be addressed and to work toward meeting those needs within the congregation and community;
(5) Be prepared to serve as coordinators of ministry teams that could involve laity and deacons working together;
(6) Participate in worship responsibilities such as collecting the offering and assisting with the ordinances and worship services;
(7) Function as servant leaders who are active in sharing the love and life of Christ;
(8) Be accountable to the congregation at large in its ministries to support the overall mission of the Church.
I would like to nominate:
Please enter the text from the image: