2021 YALSA Young Adult Services Symposium Program Proposal
Biggest Little Safe Spaces: Serving Teens During Times of Adversity
The past year has presented teens and the libraries that serve them with numerous challenges that will continue to affect them in 2021 and beyond. What does the future hold for today’s teens? Where do we as librarians go from here? What’s next for our libraries? Join YALSA, librarians, and YA authors in Reno for the 2021 Symposium as we discuss strategies for serving teens during difficult times and continue to develop programs that ensure our biggest little safe spaces thrive for years to come.
Reno, NV, November 5-7, 2021
A program will last approximately 60 minutes and will take place on November 6 between 8am and 5pm or on November 7 between 8 am and 1 pm.
• All session proposals must be received by April 1, 2021.
• All applicants will be notified if their program was accepted or not the week of May 1, 2021.
• All presenters must register at the reduced presenter rate ($69) for the Symposium by September 1, 2021
• All presenters must fund all their travel costs to the symposium.
• Only one session proposal per person will be accepted.
• For questions, please contact Nichole O’Connor at email@example.com or 1.800.545.2433 x4387