The PBCSP rewards students with financial assistance in degree, diploma, and certificate programs at eligible public and private colleges and universities, and public technical colleges. The scholarship is awarded to help defray the cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and book purchases.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements
1) Applicant must complete and submit the scholarship application between the submission dates of 01/10/21 – 2/10/21. There will not be any exceptions. We will not accept late applications.
2) Applicant must be a member of the church for at least six (6) months, on an active basis by church attendance, young adult discipleship class or involvement in at least one church ministry.
3)All applicants must attend a mandatory educational session: First time applicants must attend a mandatory orientation TBD via Zoom; All students must attend the mandatory combined Workshops (TBD) attend discipleship class hour 9:30-10:30 via Zoom (Sis. Peyton High School Senior age to 24 & Rev. Tyler Green ages 25 to 39) and or attend Bible Study. These dates are tentative dates
4) It is mandatory that all applicants volunteer in the Food Pantry/Clothes Closet every Saturday of each month (schedule will be provided)
5) All applicants will participate in a “Big Brother/Big Sister Program at PBC (details will be provided) (TBD)
6) Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 25.
7) Applicant who is a 2021 high school graduate must provide proof of enrollment in a public or private college or university, technical college, or degree/certificate program.
8) Applicants who already are freshmen or beyond in a college, university, technical college, or degree/certificate program must submit an official grade report which confirms a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0.
Providence Scholarship Award Amounts
Providence scholarships are awarded annually. Scholarship amounts vary from year to year, based on total scholarship contributions from the membership and the number of award applicants. The award amount is paid to each eligible applicant.
Scholarship assistance ends for all students once they reach the above age limit (25 years old), or upon earning a bachelor's degree, certificate or diploma, whichever applies. Students receive assistance for a period not to exceed five (5) years.
Enter the courses with a number preceeding the course, i. e. 1. World Literature 2. Physics, etc..
Enter activity and position held, i.e., Music Major Leadership Group - Chaplain.