By clicking this button I accept the terms and conditions described below:
Flash Athletics Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Flash Athletics has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Flash Athletics cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending practices or meets could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending practices and meets and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at practices and meets may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Flash Athletics members and coaches, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at meets, practices or participation in any Club programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Flash Athletics/Coaches and Volunteers, AAU/USATF, AAU/USATF Georgia, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Flash Athletics/Coaches and Volunteers, AAU/USATF, AAU/USATF Georgia, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any program.
COVID-19 Practice/Meet Preparation…
To fall within compliance with the rules and regulations of the CDC, AAU/USATF and the State of Georgia, in reference to, COVID-19. Flash Athletics will be following the listed guidelines for the safety of all parties. In preparation for the upcoming track and field season as spectators, parents, coaches, and athletes we must be proactive in how we safely conduct our team activities. It will take everyone doing their part to ensure this happens and protects those at the highest risk of COVID-19 infections and complications.
Listed below is the beginning of how we will approach our “new normal” regarding track and field meets.
These guidelines and recommendations are fluid and may change at any time according to updates from the CDC, state/ local government, and AAU/USATF.
Governor’s Guidelines: We will do our best to comply with Georgia guidelines as set by the Governor for event participation. We ask that all parents and family members comply with the recommended guidelines and respect other parents’ decisions to continue with social distancing and safety for their families as they feel necessary.
• Prior to entering practices all athlete’s temperature must be taken. Any athlete with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter practices/Meets.
• Athletes who cannot participate must notify a member of the coaching staff as soon as practical (conversation preferred) so adjustments can be made for the day
• Athletes hands must be sanitized upon entry and exit of each event.
• We are asking that all coaches/spectators wear facemasks for the entire meets/practices and that all athletes wear facemasks when not competing/practicing.
• Its required that all athletes sanitize their hands after each field event attempt.
• Only coaches and athletes will be allowed on the field for practices/Meets.
• Social distancing for parents/athletes during practices and meets
PLEASE DO NOT attend the Flash Athletics Practices/Meets if…
• You now have, or had in the past 14 days a fever over 100.4 AND shortness of breath
• In the past 14 days have been within 6 feet for 15 minutes of a person who is COVID-19 positive, or you have tested positive, or who has a fever AND a cough AND shortness of breath
• You are not regularly
maintaining a “social distance” of 6 feet between you and all other persons (excluding family members living in the home)
• You are not washing your hands often, especially after being in a public place or after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
• You do not avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes with unwashed or un-sanitized hands
• You do not wear a face mask in situations where social distancing is not possible
• Do not regularly clean and disinfect common surfaces in your home (doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, phones, tablets, faucets, tables, and sinks)
• You have medical conditions that would classify you as high risk for COVID-19
• You do not feel well for any other reason with or without COVID-19 symptoms
By complying with these guidelines, we have an opportunity to create a safer environment for our athletes, coaches, officials, spectators and especially those who are high risk for the virus. Flash Athletics reserves the right to dismiss parents or athletes for violations of the above.
Flash Athletics Thanks You for supporting these rules and following the guidelines to help keep everyone Safe!