The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology (Foundation) is a non-profit 501c (3) organization. The purpose of the Foundation is to advance the profession of dental laboratory technology by addressing industry driven needs and providing solutions that are relevant and accessible to dental technicians and other members of the dental team.
The Kois Center is located on the shore of Lake Union in the heart of Seattle, Washington and offers a didactic and clinical program, featuring a comprehensive Kois course curriculum of 9 courses, with the latest advances in esthetics, implant and restorative dentistry. The Kois Center uses the best and most current technology to facilitate and support the learning environment.
Recognizing the need for increased accessibility to higher education in dental laboratory technology, the Kois Center and the Foundation have partnered to bring you the Kois Center Education Grant.
The 2019 Kois Center Education Grant will award one (1) seat in the Biomechanics I & II course at no charge. The charge for such a course would typically retail for $9,995; however, due to the generosity of the Kois Center, the recipient of this grant will have their tuition fee waived. Additional course information can be accessed by clicking here
1. In order to be eligible for this grant an applicant must be an active Recognized Graduate or Certified Dental Technician through the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology.
2. Sitting members of the NADL Board, NBC Trust, or FDLT Trust are not eligible as individuals to apply for or win grants/scholarships offered through the Foundation.
3. The Kois Grant Winner will not be eligible to receive this grant two years in a row.
4. The winner of the 2019 Kois Center Education Grant must be available to attend one of the following course dates and select their date within 30 days of being awarded the grant. The available dates are:
• January 21-25, 2019
• June 3-7, 2019
• October 28 - November 1, 2019
5. The 2019 Kois Center Education Grant winner will be required to provide the Foundation with a professional headshot and testimonial (web video submission or typed submission on letterhead paper) about receiving the grant, attending the course, and how this experience will positively impact his/her DLT career, prior to funds being released.
6. No cash will be provided to the grant recipient. If the recipient fails to use the grant or cannot make their scheduled course date, they will forfeit their grant.
7. The deadline to use the grant is December 31, 2019. No extensions will be given.