BHS Library Borrowing Agreement
Patron Registration Information
Indicate Patron Group
If in special group, please specify
Residents/Students/Special: The date you will leave Baystate
Supervisor & Program
eMail (preferably baystate)
By checking on the box above, I agree to the terms of the Baystate Health Sciences Library’s lending policy for circulating books and media (three-week loan period) and reserve materials (one day). Any material I have not returned or renewed by the due date will be assumed lost and will incur a replacement fee.
When borrowing a laptop, I understand that I am fully responsible for the safe and timely return of my borrowed laptop to the Health Sciences Library. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Laptop Checkout and Use Policies (See Attachment A). If loss, damages or overdue fees are incurred, I understand that I am responsible for all charges.
I can contact the library with questions M-F 7-5, 413-794-1865.
DIVISION OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS--HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY
Laptop Borrowing Agreement
Checkout and Use Policies
• Laptops will be available between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Laptops must be picked up from and returned to a staff member at the Library Information Desk.
• Users must register for checkout with a valid Baystate ID.
• The Laptop Borrowing Agreement must be signed and kept on file at the Health Sciences Library.
• Laptops may be checked out for 3 hours and returned at the end of the three hour period, or ½ hour before library closing.
• Users are limited to one laptop at a time.
• Renewals are allowed if no one is waiting for the use of a laptop.
Conditions of Use
• Laptops are for work-related use on the Baystate Health campus.
• Users must abide by the Baystate Internet Usage Policy – BC 6.810. Downloading software is not allowed.
• In case of emergency evacuation, users should take the laptop with them.
• Baystate Health is not responsible for any files saved on the laptop.
• Any problems with the operation of the laptop should be reported to the library staff.
• A $30 late fee will be assessed for laptops not returned on time.
Loss or damage charges
• Users assume full responsibility for damage, loss or theft. Charges will be imposed for repair or replacement.