ESSAY CONTEST “What My Mother Means to Me”
NEW NORTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH YOUTH
PLEASE PRINT OR TYPE CLEARLY: THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE ESSAY.
Parent/Guardian’s Telephone Number:
NEW NORTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH ESSAY CONTEST “What My Mother Means to Me”
Eligible Youth: Must be 3-18 years of age
Title of Essay: “What My Mother Means to Me”
Last day for essays to be submitted is April 30, 2021
1. Essay must be child’s own work.
2. The essay must be 150 words or less (not including title)
3. The essay may be typed or handwritten. The essay may also be presented as an electronic presentation (ex. Powerpoint) and may include illustrations.
5. Entrants may use a dictionary, but essay must be student’s own work.
Entrants will be judged on the following (as age appropriate):
1. Content and focus – How well the essay tells the reader about the writer’s mother. 2. Organization of essay - How well the story flows.
3. Word choice and style – How creatively and well words are used.
4. Mechanics – Obey rules of writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
There are several age categories: Ages 3-5, Ages 6-11, Ages 12-15 and Ages 16-18
All participants will receive recognition and/or incentives. The form and essay maybe submitted electronically