Middle School Leadership Retreat Application
We are looking for motivated 7th/8th grade students to join our Beyond Differences’ Middle School Leadership Program!
Turn in BOTH this application and the parent permission slip by Friday September 16th, 2019 - electronically to Karina Parada at email@example.com
- or by mail to Beyond Differences, 711 Grand Ave, Suite 200, San Rafael, CA 94901
Or call us at 415-256-9095 (Marin office)
(all at no cost)
● Attend 2 one-day retreats in Marin and UC Berkeley campus
● Learn social-emotional skills and help your school become more inclusive
● Gain training on public speaking and leadership
● Learn how to be an upstander
● Be mentored by high school students
● Meet other middle school leaders from all over the Bay Area
● Be part of a national organization working to end social isolation!
Leadership students are required to participate in the following:
● 2 one-day retreats in October 2019 and January/February 2020
● All Beyond Differences’ meetings at your school
● Attempt to start at Beyond Differences’ club at your school if there isn’t one
● Plan and run Know Your Classmates Day on October 25 2019
● Plan and run No One Eats Alone Day on February 14 2020
● Plan and run Be Kind Online Day on May 15 2020
Entering Grade for 2019-2020 School Year:
By signing below, you agree to the above list of requirements and responsibilities.
Answer the essay questions below.
1. Briefly explain why you would like to join Beyond Differences.
2. What experience either in or outside of school has influenced you to think about social
3. How comfortable are you with speaking in front of an audience?
4. What makes you want to learn to become a leader, and what leadership skills do you already have?
5. What leadership skills are you hoping to learn, and what are you hoping to learn about social isolation?