LWHC Radio Selection Survey
Your email address
We will reply back to this email address with our thoughts. All email addresses are kept private.
Please re-enter to confirm.
1. What class license do you currently have, or just upgraded to?
Your call sign
If you have one, please enter it. If you passed your exam, and are awaiting your call sign, just enter "Pending".
2. How long have you had your ham license?
Less than one year
Between one to three years
Three to five years
More than five years
N/A -- I do not have a license
3. Please identify the reasons you got into ham radio? (Select all that apply)
Emergency preparedness / response
Search and rescue
Scouting, or other youth activity
Interest in communication (talking to people)
Radios / electronics as an area of interest
Family use, or within your circle of friends
The hobby is prestigious and well-known
Convenient and fun
Can do it at home and while travelling
4. Do you expect to travel with your radio?
Yes, within the US
(I do not know)
5. What kind of radio do you think that you want? (Select all that apply)
Portable (for camping, biking, etc.)
Mobile (for car, truck, RV, etc.)
Base station (within your home)
5. Do you already have an antenna, and if so, what kind? (Select all that apply)
Dipole (or wire)
Yagi or beam
On tower? (check if Yes)
No antenna at all
6. How satisfied are you with ham radio so far?
(Do not know yet; it is too early)
7. What are some ways you hope to use your radio? (Be creative! Let your imagination run wide!)
For example, do you want to communicate through satellites, or to the International Space Station; or do you want to use APRS for GPS location detection (e.g. for a balloon launch), etc.)
8. What price range are you considering?
Less than $100
Between $100 and $300
Between $300 and $500
Over $500 (no budget)
(I have no idea)
9. How many radios do you think that you ultimately will want/need based on your expected usage?
Between 2 and 5
Lots and Lots (no budget)
No idea -- that is why I am filling out the dumb survey
Online Order Form